Over the last few weeks, I’ve been doing a lot of work on getting the branding in order with this company and its web presence.
First and foremost in the list of exciting new developments is the new logo. The design is a radiation hazard symbol stylized as a compass, which represents the open world and sandbox style of games that we specialize in. This beautiful new logo was created by the talented Nick Saporito.
New Website Design
After receiving the new logo, I decided to begin work on completely revising the design of the website to fit the new colors and style of the logo. In this process, I ended up gutting the old website and entirely replacing the original base theme. This new design looks a lot better, and will be a much stronger representation for our future work.
Project Progress Report
I’m in the final stages of development of our first app, HyperTrace, which I expect to release within the next month.
Because of this app development work, I haven’t been able to work on the game engine with as much vigor as I have over the previous months, but once this app has been polished and put on track for release, I’ll be back to it. At the moment, TimberWolf is in the graphics abstraction development phase. I’ve had successful 3D rendering test results, and I’m trying to improve the vendor neutral graphics API a bit, and I’ve been working on wrapping all of the C-based OpenGL calls and trying to improve the error handling and reporting for said wrapped code.
At the moment, I’m thinking that ArcticWolf might get scrapped, as I’ll likely be using the OpenGL API through TimberWolf to implement the same 2D rendering capabilities, but using the more efficient 3D APIs instead of old-fashioned blitting. My current thoughts are either to totally scrap it, or to reuse the name for the Rust API. I’ll update here once a decision is made.